Saturday, January 23, 2010

My First Week

I have completed my first week at Mission Norman. It was a good week to start an internship. Mission Norman is creating brochures about apartment complexes that it hosts Bible studies at or wishes to hold Bible studies at. We will use the brochures to help us find more volunteers and possibly funds.
Michael, the Mission's secretary, had the idea that volunteers at Mission Norman should try to get their churches more involved with Mission Norman. Many of our volunteers would love it if their church was more involved with Mission Norman. They really care about Mission Norman and want to serve the poor in Norman so they want their friends to join them. Most of them, however, do not know how to effectively raise long term support in their churches. To help them gain this support, Michael decided to create brochures about what Mission Norman does to show the churches the good they can do.
I am not very involved in making the brochures, but as the PR intern, I will use them a lot. It is likely that I will present them to the pastors of churches that Mission Norman volunteers do not attend. I will also use the information in press releases and put them onto the website. My education in media and Public Relations also gives me good input to help put the brochures to more effective use.
I am excited about all we will do this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment