Monday, February 22, 2010

Community Party at Country Village

This Saturday I hosted a party at Country Village Apartments with Kayla, Jesus, and Bruce. I run a weekly Bible study there for children and adults, but no adults have been attending lately. To encourage more adults to attend I decided to host a community party in the apartments' club house.

The party went well. We had five adults attend and most of the children. We served them hot dogs for dinner and then just relaxed and talked while Jesus played with the children outside. The adults had a good time and we told them about our weekly Bible study.

The club house is on the second floor so a couple handicapped people were not able to attend. We brought them food after the party and invited them to the Bible study, which is on the first floor in a resident's apartment.

I think the awareness about our Bible study increased and people have a good perception of Mission Norman. Now I just have to convince them to act upon their good opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment